My husband surprised me with this simple healthy recipe the other day and it was so delicious! I think he should definitely cook for me more often :)
Preheat oven to 450, Set rack in middle, oven to broil
2 Salmon steaks, 1/2 pound each
1/4 cup butter sliced thin
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp ground mustard
2 tsp ground dill
onion, minced (1/3 of onion)
1 red pepper (cut into small chunks)
zucchini (med chopped)
3/4 cup mushrooms (halved)
goat Brie (10gs per piece - we used 2 wedges on each fish)
1 lemon to squeeze
1. Drop butter into pan, add salt and pepper, ginger, ground mustard, ground dill and onion. Put mixture in oven until butter is melted.
2. Then add vegetables as follows and stir after each of the following additions:
red pepper, cook 2 minutes, stir,
then add zucchini, cook 2 minutes, stir,
then add mushrooms, cook 2 minutes, stir.
*If it looks dry then add more butter (or add 2tbsp oil – we used safflower - instead if you don't want all that butter).
3. Add salmon in the middle of all of this, pushing vegetables to the sides of the baking pan and lying the salmon flat, pink side up. Dip or brush top of salmon with the sauce the vegetables have been cooking in. Coat the top of the fish with ground dill.
4. Cook for 15 minutes uncovered, longer if needed to cook your salmon(or @ 350 for 20 minutes if your oven broiler sucks like ours does). Once salmon is cooked add Brie, and lemon squeezed over top of Brie and salmon.
5. bake 5-6 more minutes more or until Brie is melted onto salmon.
If you are one of those lucky people who can tolerate dry white wine, it would compliment it nicely. A very nice gin like Hendrich's would also go just fine. I had a wonderfully boring glass of water with mine :)
Gluten-Free Coconut Layer Cake
14 hours ago